Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

FW: SANS EDU at the University of Tennessee

From: Robert Ridenour <ridenour () UTK EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:48:07 -0400

All,

On behalf of the University of Tennessee I would like to say thank you for
those who have expressed interest in attending a SANS EDU event at our
campus.  Unfortunately, the level of interest was not sufficient to meet the
financial obligations of hosting such an event.  SANS requires the hosting
institution to guarantee a specific number of attendees in order to
establish pricing.  We needed 150 folks to commit to the class.  We only
received 58.

As an alternative, Virginia Tech will be hosting the Security 504 Hacker
Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling course on their campus March 6-12,
2006.  For additional information contact Randy Marchany via email at
marchany () vtrand cc vt edu .

Regards,

James Perry

Information Security Office