Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Barracuda Spam Filter

From: CAROLE CARMODY <Carole_Carmody () BLOOMFIELD EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:49:42 -0400

Why do you say that it is safe to assume that I misspoke and that I
meant to say that it is rejecting 90% of inbound mail as spam?  That is
not what I said not what I intended to say. The Director of
Telecommunications at the College has said that (after looking at the
logs) he believes that of the spam that arrives at the College through
the e-mail system, only about 10% of all spam gets through as a result
of using the Barracuda.  Why is catching 90% of the spam pointless?  If
we don't catch 100% of the spam is this solution failing?