Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Pix install

From: Eric Pancer <epancer () SECURITY DEPAUL EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:22:49 -0600

John wrote on Thu, 2005-03-10 at 09:21:52 -0600...

   We have recently installed a new Pix 525 on a network edge. We are
   having issues with some connections dropping. In particular Accuplace
   web tests seem to be dropping off. The Pix Devcie manager is logging a
   traffic drop for inbound and outbound traffic on both the inside and
   outside interfaces about every four minutes. I am unsure if these
   events are correlated or not and am roubleshooting.

I'd focus my attention on protocol fixup's for starters. Also, try
debugging on the PIX....there's a wealth of knowledge waiting to be
found in it.

--
Eric Pancer :.: Computer Security Response Team :.: DePaul University
http://security.depaul.edu/ .:`:.:':.:`:. epancer () security depaul edu