Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Pix install

From: John <jgarner () SFASU EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:21:52 -0600

Greetings All,

We have recently installed a new Pix 525 on a network edge. We are having
issues with some connections dropping. In particular Accuplace web tests
seem to be dropping off. The Pix Devcie manager is logging a traffic drop
for inbound and outbound traffic on both the inside and outside interfaces
about every four minutes. I am unsure if these events are correlated or not
and am roubleshooting.

Should anyone have a clue as to where to look I am very appreciative.

I am poking at Pix, routers and DNS issues and am opening a case with Crisco
TAC.

Cheers,

John Garner

jgarner () sfasu edu