Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

**update** (was: Rash of seemingly "old" virii)

From: Peter Charbonneau <Peter.Charbonneau () WILLIAMS EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:29:28 -0500

Just to update all of you.  I worked with our Lab Manager (who is also
our Sophos AV P.O.C.) to try to determine just what was going on with
the machines in question.  Below is the write-up that he sent Sophos; I
have NOT included the the DLL (don't want to infect anybody AND it
might not get thru the list) or ".REG" file because the DLL filename
may not be the same in all instances. This one was a "toughie".

If you would like the .DLL and/or .REG file(s) - PLEASE contact me
off-list.  I am not sure how valuable it/they will be, because I don't
know what the vector was to "install" that DLL and hook it to Explorer.

I would like to thank ALL of you, who responded, for your input - it
was invaluable.

I hope this saves SOMEONE some time and frustration.

Begin forwarded message: