Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: 10 GB security

From: Peter Moody <peter () UCSC EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:34:44 -0800

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 16:49 -0500, David LaPorte wrote:
We haven't yet gone 10G, but when we do this will likely be the card
we'll use:

I would recommend giving the metanetworks guys a shot
(www.metanetworks.org).  They've got a 10G card
(http://www.metanetworks.org/products.html MTP-10g) that I saw in action
at joint techs in salt lake.  I've not done the price/performance
comparison myself but my understanding is that metanetworks beats the
pants off the endace gear.  YMMV.

Regards,
-Peter
--
Peter Moody                             <peter () ucsc edu>
Information Security Administrator          831/459.5409