Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: 10 GB security

From: David LaPorte <david_laporte () HARVARD EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:49:39 -0500

We haven't yet gone 10G, but when we do this will likely be the card
we'll use:

http://www.endace.com/dag6.2SE.htm

We are currently playing with their gigE card as increased traffic flows
are beginning to overwhelm our existing IDS systems.

David

--
David LaPorte, CISSP, CCNP
Security Manager, Network and Server Systems

Kathy Bergsma wrote:
I'm curious to know if other edus are planning or have a local 10 GB
network.
What are your plans for IDS/IPS on high speed networks?  What other
types of
security are you considering?  Will you have specific security policies
for high
speed networks?