Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Preparing for Default Deny Firewall

From: John Kristoff <jtk () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:38:11 -0600

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:26:37 -0500
"Scholz, Greg" <gscholz () KEENE EDU> wrote:

I am looking at the same situation.  Does anyone have a recommendation
for ICMP types/codes in general?  It is obvious to me that ECHO should

I tell people this about ICMP filtering:

  <http://linux.depaul.edu/archive/depaul-lug/2003-03/msg00286.html>

Don't bother arguing with me about things I recommend allowing on that
list, I'll probably just ignore you.  There are enough archived filtering
debates on the net that I'm just not interested in having yet another
one.  :-)

John