Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FW: Q1 Labs: Network Security for Colleges and Universities

From: Steve Schuster <sjs74 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:46:55 -0400

We have just purchased this product at Cornell and are working through the
steps to get it fully implemented.  Feeling like IDS/IPS would not work in
our environment we began looking at the Network Based Anomaly Detection
space.  We brought both Q1 Labs and Lancope in for testing into our
environment and selected Q1 Labs based upon our selection criteria.

To be honest, I have very high hopes for what this technology will bring to
our analysis and incident response capabilties.

sjs