Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: the importance of security

From: Scott Genung <sagenung () ILSTU EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:42:46 -0500

Below are the initiatives that we presented which received the highest
degree of opposition.

- SMTP authentication
- perimeter STMP filters to block mail trojans
- split DNS

There are a lot of other things that we have done or will complete before
school starts that have not created any major opposition. It all boils down
to what impact it has on the departmental technology units and not the
benefits that these approaches would provide.