Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Practical Issues for Implementing Security Policies and Procedures

From: Melissa Guenther <mguenther () COX NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:50:47 -0700

The BESAT lessons learned I had is don't wait for the P&P to be perfect
before implementing any type of awareness campaign.  It is perfectly fine -
and in some cases better - to roll out the campaign with whatever you have
and continue to finalize the P & P's as you go.
You can use the awareness campaign to help communicate newer or updated P&P
s, encouraging incident response reporting and so on.