Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Snort IDS Frontends

From: Phil Rodrigues <Phil.Rodrigues () UCONN EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:17:35 -0400

We decided on Demarc's Puresecure about a year ago, and have been very
happy with its performance and features.  Their educational price for a
single sensor was within our limited budget - obviously more than the $0
ACID, etc but well less than other commercial front-ends from Sourcefire,
etc.

I would recommend Puresecure to anyone who was looking for a low-cost
front-end to Snort.

Phil

=======================================
Philip A. Rodrigues
Network Analyst, UITS
University of Connecticut

email: phil.rodrigues () uconn edu
phone: 860.486.3743
fax: 860.486.6580
web: http://www.security.uconn.edu

"Crawford, Charles D" <ccrawf () KU EDU>
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
07/10/2003 06:20 PM
Please respond to The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv