Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Faculty Laptops

From: James Wilcox <jim () WILCOXS NET>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 15:19:17 -0700

First of all, I don't sell firewalls, so my comments reflect no conflict
of interest.

ZoneAlarm does sell a management system that disallows anyone but the
authorized administrator to change a policy (key word here is *sell*).

I know more about CheckPoint's SecureClient which has been around for
years. SC not only puts management exclusively in the hands of the
authorized admin, it also can be set to kill the connection if the user
kills the VPN (which is part of the product). Quite elegant and powerful
(no, don't even own stock).

If you are looking at Linux systems, I have a product. But I won't talk
about that because I *would* have a conflict of interest.

Regards,

James R. Wilcox, CISSP
Director of Business Development
Cylant
PO Box 19777
Portland, OR 97280-9777
503 799-8438
james () cylant com
CylantSecure, LinuxWorld Best Security Solution
www.cylant.com