Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SPAM is a two-edged sword

From: "Bruhn, Mark S." <mbruhn () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:24:47 -0500

A new IUB policy requires a department considering such a mailing to
seek the approval of the campus Chancellor.  And, we have been able to,
I think, convince her and our Office of Communications and Marketing
that such mailings are bad for Indiana University, and that the
resulting bad PR would outweigh any actual benefit realized by the
department.
M.

--
Mark S. Bruhn, CISSP

Chief IT Security and Policy Officer
Interim Director, Research and Educational Networking Information
Sharing and Analysis Center (ren-isac () iu edu)

Office of the Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
Indiana University
812-855-0326

Incidents involving IU IT resources: it-incident () iu edu
Complaints/kudos about OVPIT/UITS services: itombuds () iu edu