Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SPAM is a two-edged sword

From: "David L. Wasley" <david.wasley () UCOP EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:46:45 -0700

Basic Advice:  Don't go there!  SPAM is wrong regardless of the cause
and if you try to differentiate you'll only end up in a morass of
confusing special cases.

Behind your question is a topic for another list: what is an
appropriate alternative to mass e-mailing?  Is there active
discussion of this somewhere?

       David

PS: I recently had occasion to send an important business-related
note to a group of 30 or so folks that I work with - my ISP blocked
it!
-----