Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Server Room Physical Security

From: "Bruhn, Mark S." <mbruhn () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:20:29 -0500

Our IT facilities are all equipped with card readers (proximity, not
swipe), with cameras facing external entries.  Exterior doors are
alarmed, and we have glass break sensors on external windows.  Some
interior doors, including those into our main machine rooms, have
separate access lists and access is restricted to only those people who
need to be in those areas.

We also may or may not have outside cameras pointed along the length of
each exterior wall.
M.

--
Mark S. Bruhn, CISSP
Chief IT Security and Policy Officer

Incidents involving IU IT resources: it-incident () iu edu
Complaints/kudos about OVPIT/UITS services: itombuds () iu edu