Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Server Room Physical Security

From: Tom Steuver <steuver () EXCHANGE NKU EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:39:21 -0400

At NKU, we have card swipe access to the NOC.  Our operations is 24/5 (M-F).
The card swipe changes at different times of the day or weekend.  More
people have access to the center during the day when a full operations staff
is also available, but at 5:00 the access drops to only essential personnel
and operators.  On the weekends when the center is not staffed, the doors
are locked.  The NOC has two doors but the secondary entrance has an alarm.

Tom Steuver
Northern Kentucky University