Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

data classification

From: Ted Frohling <tsf () MS TELCOM ARIZONA EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:28:15 -0700

We are embarking on a security awareness campaign.  The consultant
we are working with has suggested that one of the ways we can get our
arms around this subject with the campus is to have data classified into
various types.

I obviously have no let my fingers do the walking yet to see what's out
there
so I thought I just ask the question here.

What are other campuses doing in the area of data classification in light
of the educational function being a public institution, etc.

thanks,

ted

--
    Ted Frohling (TF30-ARIN)                   The University of Arizona
    520.621.4834     Security Incident Response Team       CCIT Room 126