Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Help needed for 2nd- DRP survey

From: Ruben Z Xing <xingr () MAIL MONTCLAIR EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:50:54 -0500

Hi Everyone,

It was very grateful of getting helpful info from many of you. Once
again, to further complete our project, I would like to get other info
related to DRP at your school:

=======================================
1. What kind of HA (high availability) systems does your school use
   a) Cluster Computing
   b) RAID
   C) Load Balancing (local or remote)

2. Does your school use
   a) remote backup
   b) hot-backup

3. To cut down costs of your DRP, does your school recycle old
servers/systems for DRP, or switch the current DRP systems for other
purpose when there is no risk going?

4. Any other practice to face budget challenge for your DRP?

Thank you and regards,

Dr. Ruben Hsing
Professor, DRP Project leader
Montclair State University, NJ