BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: CEOs deserve jail for data breaches

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 22:27:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

": " I'm fine with that concept, provided the scale of the punishment
": " is commensurate with the scope of responsibility.  For example,
": " if a CEO makes 4M a year and a security analyst makes 100K, then
": " I expect the CEO to accept 40/41 of the responsibility.  ("With great
": " power comes great responsibility.")

Good conversation and comments from everyone, but we might be swerving a
little off-topic for the list in general.  If anyone wants to continue the
thread off-list, please feel to CC me (I might even chime in somewhere).