BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Tracking consequences of data loss

From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong () pobox com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:30:51 -0400

On 10/11/06, Al Mac <macwheel99 () sigecom net> wrote:

There is also a web of lawsuits associated with trying to recover the
costs
of re-issuing credit and debit card accounts.

Besides ChoicePoint, what others?

Another follow-up I would like to see is which of these places were
(a) governed by some security mandate that they violated (which ones) ...
various gov regulations by industry, such as on this
list  http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/ITstandards/source/1.html

Right......and PCI, FISA, FFIEC. With any luck there's probably a list out
there that lists some of the companies in DLDOS that are subject to all of
these that could simply be imported in. I think a lot of it is up to
interpretation.

(c) illiterate about security standards

I'm not sure how scientifically measurable this is. ;)