BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Breach notice: Cooks Illustrated

From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong () pobox com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:23:01 -0400

Except at that point it would be considered an investigation and thus all
information is undisclosable.

On 9/22/06, George Toft <george () myitaz com> wrote:

I think it would be beneficial to the group as a whole to discuss how
one files a FOIA request - what is involved, how long it takes, etc.

Since many companies call the FBI when there is a breach, perhaps a FOIA
request filed with them might be beneficial?

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
My IT Department
www.myITaz.com
480-544-1067

Confidential data protection experts for the financial industry.

Chris Walsh wrote:
> This one is from the state of North Carolina's response to my FOIA
> request.
>
> I am assigning it a UID of "CW-0001".
>
> All information is verbatim from the printout they sent me.
>
> Company Name
> Cooks Illustrated
>
> Date Notified
> 3/02/06
>
> Breach Date
> 1/31/2006
>
> Event
> Unauthorized access to files
>
> NC Residents Impacted
> 3162

> Tracking more than 146 million compromised records in 349 incidents over
6 years.

Tracking more than 146 million compromised records in 361 incidents over 6
years.