BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Breach notice: Cooks Illustrated

From: Chris Walsh <cwalsh () cwalsh org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:54:21 -0500

  I just got a Freedom of Info response from NY related to my most
recent request.

The good folks at Cooks Illustrated report to NY that 11K NYers got
potentially exposed.  So, 3K in NC, 11K in NY.  I'm no statistician,
but we might be talking hundreds of thousands altogether?  Who knows,
when they *don't have to report this centrally*.  (Thus endeth my
rant for tonight)

I remark briefly on this latest bunch o' reports from NY at http://
www.emergentchaos.com/archives/2006/09/breach_data.html

I'll be doing data entry on all of these reports probably over the
weekend.