BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Breach notice: Cooks Illustrated

From: George Toft <george () myitaz com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:50:40 -0700

I think it would be beneficial to the group as a whole to discuss how
one files a FOIA request - what is involved, how long it takes, etc.

Since many companies call the FBI when there is a breach, perhaps a FOIA
request filed with them might be beneficial?

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
My IT Department
www.myITaz.com
480-544-1067

Confidential data protection experts for the financial industry.

Chris Walsh wrote:
This one is from the state of North Carolina's response to my FOIA
request.

I am assigning it a UID of "CW-0001".

All information is verbatim from the printout they sent me.

Company Name
Cooks Illustrated

Date Notified
3/02/06

Breach Date
1/31/2006

Event
Unauthorized access to files

NC Residents Impacted
3162

Tracking more than 146 million compromised records in 349 incidents over 6 years.