Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Exploits are important (or "Challenging your assumptions")

From: Val Smith <valsmith () attackresearch com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 21:04:00 -0600

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 06:58 +0430, Mohammad Hosein wrote:
" like stuxnet which is
the direction the cool work seems to be going"

Just to clarify a little what I meant by that. I mean that from the
attacker / tester perspective, increasingly complex engagements that
involve proprietary or esoteric platforms, custom RE & exploit devel,
and multiple attack vectors rather than the traditional scan, verify and
report is cool, at least to me.

I have no solutions on how to fix stupidity, sorry. Too hard!

V.