Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerabilities Market

From: Shane <shane () security-objectives com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:09:25 -0700

With this, if I find I need some tax deductions, I can write some crappy
PHP CMS that nobody uses and post it on Sourceforge under an alias, then
"find" some security holes and donate them for the write-off.

Common cents applies.  Re-read, I said "suggested" price.

Whomever is employed by the non-profit sets the price.  Your assuming
that you run this entity?  If you own a company (non/for profit) and
decide to commit fraud, their's a lot easier ways to-do this.

Any kinder-gardener would know "size of user base" and of software would
be an important metric in determining the price.

The idea is to expand the marketability of this information.

The more ways to monetize your asset the better.  For everyone, consider
the increased demand driving increased production adding to the
availability for buyers.
Shane