Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: DEF CON One Five CfP in effect!

From: Richard Thieme <rthieme () thiemeworks com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:30:14 -0500

I've been to eleven Def Cons now and this is correct - it has always
been scheduled last week of July first week of August and since Def Con
5, which was the first Black Hat, has had to mind the tail that now is a
full grown dog ...

if someone put all the infosec, infowar, physical security, and homeland
defense cons on the calender - would there be ANY open days in the year
besides a few holidays?

RT

Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
dan () geer org wrote:

A curiousity question that I've been meaning to
ask...  This is the Nth time that DefCon has
scheduled directly over USENIX Security.

Interesting that you'd say Defcon was scheduled over USENIX Security. I
always thought of it as the other way around. Having attended for lo
these many years, I can assure you that the choice of dates is not
cavalier, and because of its success it appears to conflict. For several
years now, the sister conference, Blackhat, has taken place during the
week, and the scheduling of it certainly also overlaps something or
other. Defcon has always been last few days of July, first few days of
August. Always.

You just have to choose. I choose Defcon; you will probably continue to
choose Usenix Security. There you have it.