Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: With great responsibility comes great power.

From: "Halvar Flake" <halvar () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:45:36 +0200

Re: [Dailydave] With great responsibility comes great power.Hey Adriel,

I also underestimate the power of exchange rates -- the same budget buys a
lot more in .cn than it
buys in the US, both in materials and in manpower ;)

Nonetheless, I still think that budget correlates to power, especially in
military matters, and that there
are economies of scale to be harvested.

Anyhow, this is a bit of a moot discussion. The reality of politics and war
is very nuanced, and very
complex (gladly so - any sane person shies away from the complexity
associated with waging war :),
and quite honestly, I think we all know jack shit about it :) (at least I
do).

Side note:

A war between the US and any democracy wouldn't happen anyways. I'd like to
quote Richard
Perle on this point:
"Indeed, if the whole world were democratic, we'd live in a much safer
international security system
because democracies do not wage aggressive wars."
This quote, viewed in post-Iraq light, has a rather funny corollary
following from it :)

Cheers,
Halvar