Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: iPhone CPU

From: "Thomas Ptacek" <tqbf () matasano com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:33:51 -0600

Our favorite Mac pundit John Gruber has the scoop:

http://daringfireball.net/2007/01/iphone_arm

The job posting seems like a smoking gun; it's ARM. So, I'm wrong 3
consecutive times!

On 1/11/07, Thomas Ptacek <tqbf () matasano com> wrote:
No question ARM is capable of running the iPhone, but OSX already
supports x86 and PPC, both of which (particularly PPC) are viable in a
phone setting.

I've written ARM assembly too and have to ask, why do people like it so much?