Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: iPhone CPU

From: "Simon Cooper" <simon.cooper () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:49:11 -0800

On 1/10/07, Pusscat <pusscat () gmail com> wrote:
I think Halvar is all set :)

Also, while we have you here, how come you guys always tell me, "can't
reproduce" then fix things silently later?

First - I am going to answer your question litterally.

Disclaimer - I am not directly responsible for the people and
processes that occur when security problem reports come into Apple.
However, what you describe isn't how other security problems are
handled at Apple.   When did you report this?   Was it within the last
3 years?

Because of the words you have used, it sounds like you might have
filed a problem directly into Apple's bug tracking system.  When you
filed it did you give it a security "Classification"?

Or, did you send your problem report to <product-security () apple com>?

Either way you will have received a tracking number.  What is / was it?

Did your report/email include the information that could have been
used to reproduce it?  Were you asked for more information?  Did you
give it?  Was there a crash dump?

My second answer, just to cover all the bases is....

         African or European swallow?