Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: PWN to OWN (was Re: How Apple orchestrated web attack on researchers)

From: "Adriel T. Desautels" <adriel () netragard com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:13:35 -0400

Bob,
    I'm sure that you remember the Month of Apple Bugs, there's one example
of people tearing OSX apart. A lot of those vulnerabilities could have been
used to break into affected systems, in particular if they were used as
helper apps.

    On the other hand, I did recently come across a network that had been
compromised. The standard servers on that network were the Apple X servers.
I can try to look up the details on how that happened if you'd like.

    IMHO the only reason why you don't hear a lot about Mac's being hacked
is because people don't focus on them yet. Well, not enough anyway.