Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: How Apple orchestrated web attack on researchers

From: Daniel <daniel () ugc-labs co uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:41:02 +0700

Tell me George, if you owned a mega corporation and you had two
researchers threatening to drop a few % from your share price, what
would you do? Open up your arms, give them a free macbook and see
millions lost on the FTSE/Nasdaq?

hardly.....

Apple's PR protected the brand, same as Bush protected his brand and
Billy G protected his brand. This is business 101 and it's time for
security and security researchers to realise the golden years are
long gone in todays litigation market. I can't just walk into Ford
and say that all american cars are crap, blow up and kill people
without expecting some force, so why do researchers think they can
get away with it with this "we are protecting the world" approach?

It should have been handled better by both sides, including Maynor
and co. Lets hope everyone learnt the lesson, but then again...