Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: SILICA, hashes, etc

From: "Darren Spruell" <phatbuckett () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:32:22 -0700

On 2/8/07, Thierry Zoller <Thierry () zoller lu> wrote:
Dear Dave,

DA> One of our early adopters has a CISCO Leap network and I
DA> remember reading of a simple algorithmic crack for the
DA> authentication....has anyone tested it?

Asleap - Joshua Wright
The funny thing is, although Cisco knows it's broken they continue to
use it in new products.

Another funny thing is, if you confront any Cisco engineer about
LEAP's insecurities, they claim to be encouraging customers to go to
EAP-FAST instead.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a00802030dc.shtml
http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=369223&seqNum=5&rl=1

Seems the security implementation of EAP-FAST has its own share of
imperfections as well though. I wonder why a more standardized
wireless security protocol didn't appeal to Cisco instead?

DS