Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The Week of Oracle Database Bugs

From: Jared DeMott <demottja () msu edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:35:22 -0500

In other words, economically, releasing SPIKE as GPL was a way to
clean out a lot of fish from the shallows quickly,
btw, stating it like this makes it sound like you could see the future
and predict everything that's happened since you did that.  Call me
crazy, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of $$ that that's just not the
case.  In fact, I'd say that releasing SPIKE was probably a good way to
get your name on the map so that you could even start a business.  (And
my hat goes off to your success! :) May you have much more. :) )

(ps I don't have a lot of $$ so, actually I couldn't make that bet. :( )