Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Problems to solve

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:34:21 -0700

Dave Aitel wrote:
One problem Immunity has is that invariably we're all working on
different virtual machines - everyone at once trying to write one
exploit. Each VM we work on has it's own DLL's and invariably mine are
different from everyone else's. To solve this problem, I want to graph
the DLL and then actually name every function based on that graph,
instead of based on their memory address, which is changing on a
per-DLL basis and therefor means nothing.

Just to be clear, you're talking about different dll versions, right?
As in, not the same byte-for-byte DLL that happens to have loaded at a
different address on a different machine?  Otherwise, you could just use
fixed offsets.  I'm assuming that you're talking about the "same" dll on
Win2K and XP.

As far as I know, Halvar has done the best work on mapping
similar-but-not-identical binaries.  Halvar, you have a way to serialize
the path to a particular function?

                                        BB