Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: DISIT - OPEN SOURCE DISASSEMBLER ENGINE

From: Piotr Bania <bania.piotr () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:12:57 +0100

>How does this compare to other disassembly libraries out there, such
>as the Python wrappers for The Bastard, or The Bastard itself?

Hi,

I have never used any Python wrappers so i think i cannot answer your question directly. Anyway Disit is only a engine for disassembling x86 instructions to pices (just like libdisasm in The Bastard). I think the comparison between the libdisasm and Disit will be quite rewarding (even tough my engine doesn't support fpu instructions so far). Anyway this is mostly matter of taste.

I made Disit it specially for some of my future projects, because i couldn't find any other suitable engine arround (i needed detailed registers source and destination flags etc. etc.), the only one I liked was Z0MBIE's XDE. Anyway it was surely a quite enjoying work, i bet you will like the thing which will follow the engine (i hope this sound mysteriously :))

best regards,
pb

--
Piotr Bania - <bania.piotr () gmail com> - 0xCD, 0x19
Fingerprint: 413E 51C7 912E 3D4E A62A  BFA4 1FF6 689F BE43 AC33

              - "The more I learn about men, the more I love dogs."