Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: News, dumbug, prediction rebuttals.

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:04:34 +0100

* Dave Aitel:

2. My prediction: No windows vulnerability drought. Something I
realized when I was finally forced to switch over to Fedora Core 2 for
security reasons was that XP SP2 solved the problem with people
getting owned every time they connected their computer to the
Internet. But it didn't solve the problem of people getting owned
every time they used an application on their computer.

It's not clear that these vulnerabilities continue to receive Windows
logo certification.  We could well see a shift in vulnerability
branding, which would be perceived as a Windows vulnerability drought.
This is not a technical question. 8-)