Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Re: Exactly 500 word essay on "Why hacking is cool, so that Marcus changes his web site"

From: sinan.eren () immunitysec com
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:18:12 -0400 (EDT)

Your words sound good, but if they were true we would be hearing
about how hackers had broken down the information firewalls in
the oppressive theocracies of the middle east, or had established
covert ISPs and Email access in North Korea. But instead, we hear

of course you dont hear hacking stories of that sort, much like you dont hear about the next planned al qaeda attack against a major city that had been neutralized just because some patriots in certain agencies HACKed into terrorist communication channels whether it be internet or other types of telecommunication. (its know that they use pgp/gpg, it takes more than a wiretap to eavesdrop on their communications. ever wonder how ?)

dissident civilians in those tyrannies basically try to accomplish the same goals,
security and freedom. mass media will never get to hear those actions cause that will comprimise the very integrity of the operation and the hacker's life. media will keep reporting on common criminals and confused dumb kids (i.e: takedown, the hacker diaries ...) and basing your judgement on hacking with reference to these are rather unfortunate.

but i am pretty sure you know all these facts ...

cheers,
sinan