Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Exactly 500 word essay on "Why hacking is cool, so that Marcus changes his web site"

From: Bas Alberts <bas.alberts () immunitysec com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:56:38 -0400

Dear Theo,

As someone who already has to drag his ass out of bed for a lit class at
7am every day, I would just like to say: for the love of god..please..
...shut..up..

Thank you.

Anyhoo, given Dave's previous employers I would say he has a fairly
decent base to throw tinfoil hat tantrums from. I for one applaud his
bold vision on the evils of 'the man'..damn the man...unless the man
signs my paycheck, then I don't mind the man so much. Ethics 101.

Personally I think both hacking and hackers suck. Here's a seven word
essay to further drive my point home:

If it ain't fixed, don't break it.

You may now ponder and reflect.

Love,
Bas

PS: Why does there seem to be a distinct correlation between being a
prissy prick and the name Theo? Would any non-prissy Theo's like to
step forward?