Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Google Beta "WiFi" VPN

From: MadHat <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:13:30 -0500

On Sep 20, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Steve Manzuik wrote:
Just playing "Devils Advocate" here.
read the privacy policy) to be aware that Google can read the data.

But is this not always the case with a service? Your ISP can read your
data, your work IT guys can read your data.  I mean we all have placed
trust in third parties at one time or another as I highly doubt everyone
here has complete control over their data to the endpoint.  I am not
saying that its right, I am simply pointing out the obvious.

You are right, but what would our works do with the data (scary thought right there)? What would my ISP do with the data? What would Google do with the data? Google already tracks your searches and places relevant adds, so now if they can track even more how will it be used? And how secure is your browsing habits, desktop settings, gmail archives, search archives, etc... in the google vaults?

Google wants to be everything to everyone.

World Domination....

--
MadHat (at) Unspecific.com, CĀ²ISSP
E786 7B30 7534 DCC2 94D5  91DE E922 0B21 9DDC 3E98