Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Default Deny on Executables

From: miah <miah () chia-pet org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:10:13 -0400

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:35:04AM -0400, Dave Aitel wrote:
By default your box can come from Dell only running EXE's that are
signed by vendors you trust. This wouldn't be a bad idea for a GRSec'd
distribution either, imo. If you assume that you can trust the kernel
(which is a pretty big assumption, but not everyone is Paul Starzetz)
you can do similar stuff without special hardware, I think. :>

-dave

DigSig has basically done this.  I've never tried it out, but I'd be
interested to hear opinions of those that have.

http://disec.sourceforge.net/

#  DigSig. This is a Linux kernel module, which checks RSA digital
#  signatures of ELF binaries and libraries before they are run.
#  Binaries are to be signed with BSign.

-miah