Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Re: Hacking's American as Apple Cider

From: Nigel Houghton <nigel () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:38:01 -0500

On  0, "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com> allegedly wrote:

Apple Cider isn't American, it's British - Devon and Somerset especially.

Cider is Greek, worked it's way to Rome, then into Western Europe and
eventually made it's way to jolly old England. Where it got the name
"sidre" which means "you can get royally smashed on this stuff and
really feel like crap the next day". Apple Cider abounds in England
because there are very few other fruits you can grow there, Apples
however are available in abundance.

America isn't American, it's British, if you want to be like THAT about it!

Bloody colonials. :>

On a side note, if you ever get the chance, try a bottle of Gold Label
mixed with a half pint of Cider some time. No one I know has gotten past
four of those drinks without ending up face-down on the floor.

                   Vulnerability Research Team

 I require a window seat and an inflight Happy Meal, and no pickles!
 God help you if I find pickles!