Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Vuln scoring system anyone?

From: Brian Erdelyi <brian_erdelyi () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 04:34:29 -0800 (PST)

But it still depends on people accurately rating
each question there.

This is not unique to CVSS.

Also, it seems a little strange that an uncofirmed
report gives a
slightly weaker rating then a confirmed one. I mean,

I followed the formula published by NIAC.  The formula
is based on the assumption that the highest rating
possible is 10 and the variables are used to decrease
the score.

It makes sense to me that a confirmed vuln is rated
higher.

I think there are some inconsistencies in how PDF
clears values and recalculates.  I'll see if I can
create a clear button.

I'll post the MS Excel version in a few hours.

Regards,
Brian Erdelyi