Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Can Dave be cloned?

From: "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr () watson org>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:10:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 kquest () toplayer com wrote:

:
:Good luck with that... I'm trying to find people
:like that too (maybe a bit less advanced, but
:who have a potential for it). The prospects aren't
:that great. People like that are already taken,
:so your best bet is to look for somebody with
:a potential and drive.
:
:Kyle

Kyle brings up a good point that is so often missed by either HR or
"directors" who are developing the job req..  I've been at numerous
companies in which they have open positions for QA and their job
requirements, if met by the candidate, would put them "ahead" of our
principal engineers... Not to say that this would never occur, but I mean
come on :-)

I just agree whole-heartedly that "potential and drive" are quite often
overlooked in this day of mass mailed resumes... It's a tough business
finding good candidates.  *sigh*

Cheers,
Andrew