Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Pentesters getting owned?

From: Matt Hargett <matt () use net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 12:59:03 -0700

Steve W. Manzuik wrote:
I used to work for one of the final 4 firms and there was a story going
around about a client in Chicago that "counter-attacked" and owned them.
Don't know if it is valid or not but it was the client that told me the
story.  I have experienced network admins monitoring and attempting to drop
connections as the team performs the pen-test.

ha. This reminds me of one of my QA nightmare stories. Jeru suggested I post one of them a month to my blog given their entertainment value, but I haven't had time until now. This story really happened at a software company that is still in business, and seems to be repeating the year 1997 all over again.

http://www.rootkit.com/blog.php?user=syke