Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Pentesters getting owned?

From: Gary Warner <gar () askgar com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 13:22:17 -0500

OK, I'll go for the "kewl" points. Saw this one on the newswires and thought of you . . .

I will give 400 'kewl' points to anyone on the list who can guess what
'shady nyc owner' hired these pen testers.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ny-bc-ct--cashpoint-suspens0423apr23,0,6636659.story?coll=ny-ap-regional-wire

New York City and several utilities were among the larger clients of CashPoint Network Services sent scrambling Friday to find alternatives to the suspended check-cashing and money-transfer company . . ..

Citing as much as $38 million in outstanding CashPoint debt to creditors, the state Banking Department late Wednesday suspended the Manhattan-based firm's license to operate in New York for at least 30 days.

(only thing "kewl" about this story was that my company isn't using them for bill processing!!)

_-_
gar