Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Funny story.

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:54:41 -0500

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 19:26, Steve W. Manzuik wrote:
I recently picked up a Nokia 6810 -
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,47780,00.html and am using it on the Rogers
Network (basically AT&T) here in Canada and hope to get a second card
programmed for when I am in Tokyo.

I'm still using the old 9210
(http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,4879,147,00.html). I agree, the Symbian OS
is pretty cool. VNC Viewer, Citrix ICA, and of course Secure Shell. The
phone rocks, although it doesn't offer data service yet (just a slow
connection to your dial-up ISP).

However, the new model (http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54106,00.html),
due out 4th Qtr this year, had high speed Internet access (GPRS). And
with T-Mobile that's only $20/mo. Needless to say, that puppy will be
under my Christmas tree :)

People make fun of me because (at least the old model) looks like a
remote control. But when I open it up and log in, the eyes usually pop
out. (I was in a bar in Atlanta recently, drinking with a client, and
logged in to tune some IDS'es. I don't think the client has recovered
from that amazement attack yet :)  Gotta admit, tuning your IDS through
SSH from a bar is cool as hell... my next office is at the beach  :P

Cheers,
Frank