Dailydave mailing list archives

Investing WINS from patch MS04-006

From: Nicolas RUFF <nicolas.ruff () edelweb fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:25:27 +0200

        Hi,

I had a look at Windows 2000 patch for WINS, and I found the new WINS.EXE in the ".CAB" file.

I had a look at Windows 2003 patch for WINS, and I found nothing known. It looks like Microsoft is using the new "Windows Installer 3.0" differential patch format. File header is "PA19".

So, since all master reversers known seem to monitor this list, I might hazard a few questions :
- Did someone had a look at Windows Installer 3.0 format ? (AFAIK, Beta SDK is not publicly available)
- Will differential patches make binary analysis much easier ?

Regards,
- Nicolas RUFF