Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Debuggers and such...

From: jeremy () austin ibm com
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:12:29 -0600

Quoting Dave Aitel (dave () immunitysec com):
In my opinion ddd is to ollydb what a honda civic is to an audi s4. Part
of gdb's problem is ptrace() itself. I believe the bastard's team is
hooking the linux kernel to get around this, but it has been a long time
since I've looked at the project.

Wish you'd have mentiond that before the 2 hour compile of openmotif
for ddd.  :|

Every unix hacker, including myself, who's used olly has wished they had
it on linux.

don't get me wrong.  I've been using olly lately, and that's one of
the reasons I'd been looking for something similar on unix.

sounds like a project for SuperDave!  so, you gonna whip up something
nifty and clicky for us?

jeremy

--
Jeremy Kelley  <jeremy () austin ibm com>
Global Threat Assessment Analyst