Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Debuggers and such...

From: "Andrew Hintz \( Drew \)" <drew () overt org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:53:17 -0500

IMHO...
IDA seems to be *the* choice for disassembling.
The Windows debuggers OllyDbg, WinDbg, and SoftICE all have large
followings.
gdb/ddd is fairly standard for Linux/etc.
sysinternals.com has some great Windows monitoring tools.

On a humorous note, I heard that the MSFT WinDbg developer refers to
WinDbg as wind bag. (: